We aim to publish weekly. We focus on three main places where conversation and conscious living converge – at home, at work, and during play time. The categories may overlap with one another and/or be solely for one area only.
At Home – Categories include personal growth, mindfulness, vulnerability, family, relationships, aging, and end of life.
- This is the personal section where readers can discover more of themselves including greater self-awareness, understanding of personal/professional values, identifying of talents and skills, perspectives, choices, what matters most, and why
- A place to explore their darker sides including self-sabotage, emotional and reactive triggers, boundary setting, refreshing of old stories, beliefs, approaches, and learning to create from them rather than be limited by them
- To tap into their intuition for improved listening skills, the understanding non-verbal cues, the noticing of triggers/cues that lead to reactive behaviour and communication including assumptions
- Quieting the mind, slowing down, being vulnerable, and even having the conversations that most people are afraid to have
At Work – Categories include professional development, communications, stress management, leadership, employee, entrepreneur, solopreneur, and career management.
- This is the business section focused on people management, performance management, leadership, mentoring, modelling, recognition, appreciation of different personalities, inclusion, and managing up, across, down
- Working through toxic environments, low engagement, poor communication structures, becoming a change agent or causing rifts in the this-is-how-we’ve-always-done-it attitude
- Appreciating various mindsets – that of leader over being led (and vice versa), shifting from employee to consultant/entrepreneur, communicating effectively in times of change, volatility, job loss and/or uncertainty
- Authentic leadership, heart led businesses, change management
At Play – Categories include conscious living, community building, health & well-being, mind-spirit, technology & innovation, and inspiration
- This is the integration section of blending and mixing all that has been learned, sustaining the practice of greater consciousness, conversation, and connectedness
- Creating tribes, community, circles of support, or other structures that strengthen what’s emerging, rising above and uniting together in support of one another
- Maintaining physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health alongside technology and innovation
The Conversation Project looks for various types of submissions including:
- Features – creative non-fiction, fiction
- Service – how to’s (in terms of development), lists, tips
- Personal Essays
- Photographs and illustrations
- Got something not listed here? Ask if you can submit it anyway!
This is a grass-roots adventure. You won’t get paid in cash by The Conversation Project – you will be rewarded with the knowledge that your story is helping someone else achieve a personal goal AND gaining new followers and good karma.
Pitch It First
Before you submit your post, please email a brief pitch to firstname.lastname@example.org In the email include the title, summary of what you’ll share and the inspired action readers will take away. In the headline of this pitch submission include *PITCH* and the title. Also, let us know if you want to be a regular contributor. If your pitch feels like a good fit for TCP, you’ll receive a response within a week. If the article you pitched doesn’t receive a response, pitch out other ones.
Articles are to be between 800-1200 words in length.
Send It Second
To submit your article, email us at email@example.com and include:
- In the email headline include: *ARTICLE SUBMISSION* and the title of your article
- Attach / include
- Your article / inspired action nugget in Microsoft Word
- A head/shoulder image of you
- 2 tweets relating to your article
- 2 bullet points of what a reader can expect from your article
- In the body of your email include your bio, links to your website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn pages
Share It Third!
Every week contributing writers will receive an email of new posts including the links. As The Conversation Project is a collective, our reach is only as far as our own personal networks. The Conversation Project will post submissions on the website, the community Facebook page, LinkedIn and on twitter. We ask that writers to help spread the word of not only their own contributions, but that of others in this community. Sharing posts, re-tweeting, commenting, etc. increases the visibility of one another and of the mission to shift the culture toward conscious conversation that is so desperately needed in our world.